Today we are bringing you 10 must know WhatsApp tricks. It is the most popular messaging app and these WhatsApp tricks will make your chatting experience way better. So let’s get started:
1. Hide WhatsApp images from your Gallery:
If you want to hide the picture that your friends send you on WhatsApp from your Gallery so that others who use your phone occasionally can’t find them them you can do so easily.
- Download a file explorer, like ES File Explorer or File Manager.
- Go to sdcard/WhatsApp/Media
- Enter the WhatsApp Images folder that you want to hide.
- Make a new folder in it by tapping the Plus sign.
- Name the new folder .nomedia
And that’s it. Now your WhatsApp images won’t appear in your Gallery.
2. Recover deleted messages:
Your messages gets backed up every day at 4 AM by WhatsApp. So if you have deleted any messages, you can recover them before the next back-up takes place. This is a bit lengthy process.
- First, uninstall WhatsApp from your device (Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Uninstall)
- Then re-install WhatsApp.
- Enter your phone number into WhatsApp, then it will notify you that it has found a backup of your chats.
- Tap Restore to get your deleted messages back
3. Change the font size:
You can easily change the font size of your chat to make them bigger or smaller.
- In your WhatsApp chat box, tap the options (three dots) button and go to Settings
- Tap on Chats
- Tap on Font Size
- Select your preferred font size from Small, Medium and Large.
4. Star the important messages:
You can Star the important messages to see them easily again in future. To Star any message, log press it then it will get selected and you will see a star icon at the top, tap on it and your message will get Starred. To see starred messages, go to your Chat list and tap on options (the three dot icon) then you will see Starred messages. Select that to see them.
5. Send a message using voice command:
Want to feel like Tony Stark and send a WhatsApp message using voice commands? You can do so easily. For this first you need to enable Google Now on your phone. Then say “OK Google” to activate it. Then say “send WhatsApp message to (name of your contact)” and then dictate the message by speaking it and the message will be send.
6. Lock WhatsApp:
If your phone goes into other people’s hands and you want to secure your personal WhatsApp messages, you must use app locking applications to lock WhatsApp. Applications like CM Locker and AppLock are good choices for that purpose.
7.Send messages to multiple people, Bcc style:
You can send private messages to multiple people without letting any recipients know about other recipients. For this you need to use the Broadcast feature of WhatsApp. It’s like Group chat except only the sender will know all the receivers of the message.
- Tap the Options icon at the top right (three dots)
- Tap New broadcast
- Enter the names of all the contacts you want to send your private message to
- Tap Create, write your message, then send it
8. Get Desktop notification for WhatsApp chats:
- Install WhatsApp Web on PC
- In the WhatsApp Web browser window, go to Options > Notifications and ensure thatDesktop Alerts is ticked
- Install the Chrome browser extension WAToolkit
- Make sure the background notifications box is ticked, like in the image below
9. Restore your WhatsApp chat history to a new phone:
Have you changed your phone and want your WhatsApp chat history to get transferred into your new phone from your old one? Here’s how you can do it:
- Insert the microSD card into the device that has WhatsApp on it
- In WhatsApp, go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup
- Remove the SD card and place it into your other device
- Install WhatsApp on the other device
- WhatsApp should detect the backup and prompt you to restore it, which you should do
10. Mute Group Chat notifications:
We all are part of at least one such WhatsApp group which is annoying but we can’t leave that group even if we badly want to. Here’s the solution for it.
- In WhatsApp, tap the Chats tab
- Tap the group you want to mute
- With the group open, tap the Options icon at the top right
- Tap Mute, then select the amount of time you want to mute the group for. (You can choose the duration for how long you want to mute the notifications.)
So these are 10 must know WhatsApp tricks. Hope this will be helpful in improving your chatting experience.