Are you fed up and irritated with the slow speed and lagging of your old Android phone? Do not worry, we are here to help you solve this issue. We are going to tell you the 5 ways to increase the speed of your phone. So let’s start
1. Uninstall/Disable Bloatware: Android phones come with a lot of pre-loaded apps by the company, these apps are called Bloatware. Most of these apps have no use at all, they are there just for promotional purposes. There are very few companies, like Motorola, which has minimum amount of bloatware. These unnecessary apps are a burden on your phone and they reduce its speed. You can uninstall some of these apps but in most of the cases there is no uninstall option. Then you can do the second best thing, disable these apps.
Go to Settings > Apps and select the app you want to disable and then select Disable. Disabling an app doesn’t totally remove it from your phone but it prevents it from getting automatically started and running in the background which makes your phone work faster.
2. Clear the Cache: In long time, lots of data gets stored in apps as cache memory. It causes strain on the phone and as a result, your phone gets slow. Keep on clearing the cache of your apps periodically. It will not only free up memory but also make your apps load and run faster. Clearing cache of every app can be a lengthy and tiring process but bit is worth it.
3. Activate Developers Option: Developers Option has lots of options to customize or monitor your phone. As the name suggests, most of these options are useful for developers only but there are options which can be used by normal users to boost your phone. This option is hidden but you can activate it easily. Go to Settings> About> Software Information. There you will see “Build Number”. Once you found it, tap on it 5 times continuously. You will see a little pop up saying “You are now a developer!”. Then go back to the Settings and go into Developers Option on the bottom. There you will see plenty of options. Be careful to not change any settings about which you don’t know. Look for options called “Window animation scale” and “Transition animation scale”. There set the speed to lowest or turn off the animations. This will make your phone work fast as well as conserve battery.
4. Uninstall Unused Apps: There are many apps in your phone which you don’t really use. Make sure you check your phone regularly for such apps and uninstall them. Those apps are an unnecessary burden on your phone.
5. Move Apps to SD Card: This option is not available for every phone but if it is available on your phone then we will recommend you to move your apps from phone memory to SD card. The more space your phone memory has the better your phone will function.
So these were the 5 ways which can really boost your phone’s speed. Do try these out and let us know how it works for you.