Key features and specs of the S60 include:
- Strengthened Die Cast Frame
- Drop proof to 1.8m, MIL Spec 810G
- Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Gorilla Glass 4
- 4.7″ HD capacitive multi-touch with auto wet finger & glove support
- Optimised battery performance (3800mAh)
- High quality audio experience (>105dB)
- Underwater 13MP main camera with dual flash, 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE
- Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor
- 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM
- Android™ Marshmallow
- Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology; still image, panorama, and video capture; changeable heat palettes; temperature spot meter; and min, max, and average temperature data
The S60 will be made available later this year in the UK and U.S., priced at €649 and $599 respectively.
Cat, a company more well-known for its heavy duty machines, has announced the S60, which happens to be the world’s first smartphone with an integrated thermal camera. The S60 comes with a 4.7-inch capacitive multi-touch display with glove support that is covered with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 4. Inside, it packs a Snapdragon 617 processor paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. Out of the box this will run Marshmallow, which is great to see.
Besides the standard set of features, what really makes this phone stand out is the integrated FLIR thermal camera, which offers still images, panorama and video capture.