After making its fans wait for a very long time, finally first Android Nokia phone is here. Manufactured by HMD Global, a Finnish company which develops mobile devices under the “Nokia” brand name, has announced Nokia 6. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), 1.0um sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
The other specifications of the phone includes dual speaker with loud Dolby sound, fingerprint scanner, aluminum alloy unibody design, dual sim and expandable memory. The Nokia 6 comes in Black color, is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 245 / Rs. 16,740 approx.) and will be available exclusively from JD.com in the first half of 2017. Unfortunately, for now it is exclusive to Chinese market but hopefully it will get launched globally by the end of 2017.
Nokia 6 detailed specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery