OnePlus announced its latest beasts for the flagship segment in the last month. The two devices, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are backed by the best specifications you can find in the range like the Snapdragon 865. Above everything, we have the company’s Android implementation – OxygenOS – ensuring the best use of this powerful hardware. However, the handsets came with some software issues like a green tint effect in the display. OnePlus answered quickly by releasing Oxygen 10.5.6 update to address this issue. Now, the company is rolling out new updates for both devices.
The OnePlus 8 is getting OxygenOS 10.5.7 while the 8 Pro is getting OxygenOS 10.5.8 version. These updates are very important since they bring optimizations for the display and camera tweaks. Moreover, there are a lot of improvements for performance as well as network connectivity optimizations.
Last but not least, these updates introduce April 2020 security patch to the stable branch. It’s not the latest one available since we’re in mid-May. However, it still better than nothing.
Oxygenos Os 10.5.7/10.5.8 Update Changelog:
- Optimized touch and interaction experience
- Low power consumption performance of the system
- Improved the video playing effect when in low brightness (8 Pro only)
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.04
- Improved stability and compatibility of Bluetooth connection
- Optimized the HDR video effect (8 Pro only)
- Improved the shooting experience with Camera and improved stability
- Enable 5G for Telia Norway (8 Pro EU only)
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi
- Improved the stability of communication
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness